Rick Hodes’ work in Ethiopia has inspired film makers, authors, and news media alike. Below are some notable features:
- “Making the Crooked Straight” – HBO documentary on Rick’s work in Ethiopia, currently OnDemand under HBO>Documentaries. Watch the trailer at www.makingthecrookedstraight.org/
- “This Is a Soul” – a book by Marilyn Berger about Rick’s work in Ethiopia. In stores now. Click www.thisisasoul.com to learn more.
- “Bewoket: By the Will of God” – The story of a courageous young boy finding Dr. Rick Hodes and getting a second chance at life. Click www.bewoket.com/ to read more and watch the trailer.
- NBC News: Jewish American doctor is an ‘angel’ in Ethiopia
- The Vancouver Sun: Vancouver’s $1 million funds medical help in Ethiopia
- NPR radio interview: Humpbacked Children Have A Hero In Ethiopia
- ABC’s Good Morning America: “This Is a Soul: This Mission of Rick Hodes’ by Marilyn Berger”
- ABC’s Person of the Week: “28 Years in Ethiopia Saving Lives”
- CNN Heroes, selected as a finalist in the “Championing Children” category. Click to see the full list of CNN Heroes.
- Reader’s Digest: “Dr. Rick Hodes Helps the Children of Ethiopia”
- 08/17/12 – Algemeiner.com: A Jewish Medical Giant in Ethiopia
- 05/25/12 – EnoughProject.org: Dallas Students Pledge to Raise $17,000 for Darfuri Refugee Education
- 05/15/12 – The Province: Rick Hansen attends fundraiser honouring doctor dubbed ‘Father Teresa’
- 02/29/12 – Jewish Exponent: Health Care Network Hosts Physician
- 02/09/12 – Backdrops Beautiful: Donate a Heart on Valentine’s Day
- 02/02/12 – The Canadian Jewish News: Young Montrealers and Israelis volunteer in Ethiopia
- 02/01/12 – New Jersey Jewish News: JDC doc shares inspiration of work in Ethiopia
- 01/26/12 – GlobalTV.com: A very special patient