Dr. Rick Hodes has lived and worked in East Africa for over 20 years, providing full-time medical care to people in desperate need. He is medical director of the JDC in Ethiopia. They are always raising funds for their non-sectarian programs in Ethiopia. At present, their biggest need is funding 16 Ethiopian kids to get spine surgery in Ghana. (Read more about Rick’s patients.)
UPDATE: We’re getting a lot of donations in honor of weddings, birthdays, and family events. Donors should send us an email with the mailing address, and we’ll be happy to send a card to the person being honored or memorialized!
100% of your funds will directly benefit the lives of Ethiopian children. Thank you for supporting the work of Rick Hodes!
The JDC is a 501(c)3 organization, and all donations are tax-deductible.
The money goes a long way!
- $20,000 will pay for a spine surgery, including transport
- $7,500 can pay for a heart surgery, including transport
- $1,000-$1,500 will treat a patient for cancer.
- $24,000 for a 2-room school
- $45,000 for a 4-room school
- $5,000 will dig a well
- $5,500 will completely cover the cost of sending a girl to nursing and midwifery college for 4 years